We’ve landed in another lockdown. After 300 days since the first lockdown, we’re back with the shops shut, and being restricted to 1 trip out a day. There’s only so much Netflix to watch, and only so long you can walk around the local park for. Looking for something to do to while away the hours on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday morning? We have the perfect recipe for you!
We decided to take a lockdown 1.0 staple and give it a CBD twist. Banana bread is a sweet breakfast treat. Delicious and comforting. The perfect way to while away an afternoon.
• 3 large ripe (blackened) bananas
• 75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
• 100g brown sugar
• 225g plain flour
• 3 heaped tsp baking powder
• 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
• 50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
• 6 pipettes CUBID CBD Natural Oil Drops
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prepare your 2 lb loaf tin, by oiling the lining.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash your 3 large peeled bananas with a fork. Add your vegetable oil or sunflower oil and brown sugar to the bowl and mix well.
3. Add the plain flour, baking powder, CBD oil, and cinnamon or mixed spice to the mixing bowl, and combine well. If you are using dried fruit or nuts, add these at this point.
4. Pour into your prepared loaf tin and bake in the over for 20 minutes. Check regularly and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
5. Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Once baked, allow to cool on the side before slicing and serving. Our banana bread is delicious when freshly baked but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.
We recommend pairing with a nice warm cup of tea and the latest good read from Richard and Judy.
While your there, let us know how you’re enjoying our delicious lockdown treat.