CBD-Infused Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus is the go to snack. It’s perfect for an afternoon nibble with a selection of crudité.
Why not try our vegan CBD hummus recipe for a new take on a classic.
- 475g of chickpeas, strained (you’ll need to keep the liquid for later)
- 100ml tahini paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 bulb of roasted garlic
- ¾ tsp cumin
- 1 pipette of CUBD CBD Natural Oil Drops
- Salt to taste
- Paprika to serve
- Preheat the oven 200°C
- Making sure the skin of the individual cloves remains intact, peel the papery outer layers off the garlic bulb and discard.
- With a sharp knife, slice between ¼ to ½ an inch from the top of the bulb.
- Place the bulb, exposed cloves facing up, in the well of a muffin tray.
- Using a tablespoon of olive oil, drizzle over the bulb, rubbing it in with your finger.
- Cover with tin foil.
- Place the tray in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the cloves are lightly browned and feel soft to press.
- Allow to cool. Using a small knife, cut the skin around each clove. Then using your fingers, pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
- Place the roasted garlic, chickpeas, cumin, salt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, CUBID CBD Natural Oil Drops, tahini, lemon juice and the strained chickpea water in a food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Top with a pinch of paprika and serve with raw vegetables.
Serving suggestion: Serve with carrots, celery and cucumber.