Treat the family to a CBD-infused Christmas classic.
To make the cake
- 1 cup wholegrain self raising flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 240ml almond milk
- 1-2 pipettes of CUBID CBD Natural Oil Drops, depending on your taste preferences.
For the icing:
- 2.5 cups dairy-free butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
1. Grease a baking tray lined with baking paper with olive oil and pre-heat the oven to 190°C
2. Pour the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt into a food processor and whizz them together so everything is well blended
3. Add the oil, CUBID CBD Natural Oil Drops, vinegar, vanilla extract and water to the food processor and mix to form a cake batter
4. Pour this mixture into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes at 190°C
5. Take the cake out of the oven. The cake should spring back to the original shape when pressed lightly in the middle. Leave it cool at room temperature.
6. Cut the cake into three parts: one part should be slightly bigger to use as the base. Stack on top of each other, sticking them together with the icing. Cut the edges of the cake until it starts to look log-shaped.
7. Spread the remaining icing on the cake, using a skewer or a fork to create the look of bark. Dust with chocolate shavings, icing sugar and cocoa powder.