The perfect partner to a cup of tea, these delicious vegan scones are easy to make and even easier to enjoy.
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 350g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 95g vegan vegetable spread
- 150ml soy milk, plus extra to glaze (or hemp milk)
- 1 full pipette of 1000mg CUBID CBD Natural Oil Drops
- Jam to serve
- Vegan cream alternative (we used an oat-based crème fraiche, to serve)
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Rub in the vegetable spread until you have fine breadcrumbs. (Alternatively, you could gradually pulse in a food processor until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.)
- Gradually stir in the milk and the full pipette of CUBID CBD Natural Oil drops into the flour mixture until you have a smooth dough.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and gently roll out the scone dough until 2cm thick. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place in the fridge for 30 mins to allow the dough to firm.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Using a 7cm cutter, cut out the scone shapes. Place top side down, onto another baking sheet lined with paper, leaving a 2cm gap between each one. This gives the scones an even top. Brush with the extra milk, making sure that it doesn’t drip onto the sides (otherwise they will rise unevenly). Put the scones in the freezer for 15 mins.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Remove from the freezer and bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
- Serve with jam and vegan cream (as recommended above) and enjoy!